Friday, April 8, 2011

concentration 1-7

My concept for these concentration pieces, is relating to the bond between nature and technology; specifically, nature becoming technology. From a craftsmanship perspective, I have drawn a bunch of these in colored pencils, scanned them to the computer, then edited them in Photoshop or Illustrator. I have added text and other filters to make them digitally designed. My pieces have appealing compositions, all focusing on the rule of thirds and the different types of symmetry. The elements/principles of art I used are contrast, unity, movement, and balance. Contrast was shown in these pieces because of the different color schemes and bold views that are shown. Unity is also shown through color, because each piece's colors go together well and are carried on throughout the piece. My entire concentration used a lot of colors from nature, so I think that goes along well with my concept. Movement and balance can be seen in my concentration through digital brushstrokes and compositions.

1 comment: