Monday, January 17, 2011

Regret


My concept for this free choice project was to portray how in life you can't change the past no matter how hard you try, or want to. I was inspired to do this piece because of a Michelle Branch song called "Breathe" with the line "life's like an hourglass glued to the table". My composition and craftsmanship for this piece were successful. I created it in Photoshop and created a rule of thirds composition with one hand grabbing the hourglass and trying to change the past, while the other is glueing it down in place. I added the words to the project last minute, to give it some more depth. Without the words, the piece looked plain and boring. The words are a quote about regret that say "I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday." I feel like this project was a complete success. The elements/principles I used in my piece were unity - in the colors and how everything is connected in the composition, and space -in the space created by the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment